Design is complete, content is added and you are happy with the outcome. Your website looks really impressive and there is no apparent reason why you should delay the launch of your website. But wait! There are something that you need to do before launching your website. It is not unreasonable on your part to get annoyed but there are some issues pertaining to your website that you should not discard if you want to reap a long term benefits from your website. Here in this article, we are going to discuss some of them that you should not overlook at any cost:
Favicon is a small image that is displayed just next to a website URL in a browser. It acts as an identification mark of a website and often plays a pivotal role in determining the brand value of a website. If you are really conscious about the brand value of your website, you need to design a favicon and then place it in the root directory as favicon.ico. This will definitely enhance the look and feel of your website.
Title and Meta Data
Title of a website gives vital information of a website. Therefore, it has to be written after doing extensive keyword research. It should dictate the nature of your website as well as it will play a constructive role in securing top position in SERP to certain extent. Meta description, meta keywords etc should also written after making proper research and after analyzing the website carefully.
A website may look great in Firefox, but the same website might look lousy in IE and here comes the importance of Cross Browser checking. You need to make sure that your website is working fine in different browsers such as Google Chrome, I.E, FireFox, Opera, Safari etc before making your website live.
Check and recheck everything. Be 100% sure that there is not a single mistake because it has a direct bearing on your organizationâ€™s brand value. Use punch lines in the content and use grammatically correct English.
Have A Back Up
This is the most important thing that you should not miss out. You need to have a back up of your website otherwise; you might find yourself in tough condition if it is attacked by malware or virus.
These are some of the vital issues that every website design company should check before making a website live.
As a web designer creates a website, one of his priorities is to make it a fast loading one. To enhance the aesthetic appeal of a site often the applications and page content reduce the loading speed of a web page. It is advisable to maintain a subtle balance between aesthetic needs and functionality of a site.
Some of the basic tips for designing fast loading web pages are discussed here:
- Minimum Number of Images: Use of images on a web page not only enhances its look and feel but they often help impart information in an easier way. But too much use of images on a web page slows down its loading speed. Not just images but audio and video files too take up a lot of memory which affects the download speed.
- Optimization of Images: While using images for web pages they should be used in GIF, JPEG or PNG format. For photographs and images you can use JPEG format. For logos, cartoons, icons, buttons and similar flat color images you can use either GIF or PNG format. While using images on websites it is better to set the resolutions at 72dpi.
- Minimize Use of Animated GIFs: If it is not very necessary, it is better to avoid use of animated GIFs in website design. Since graphic frames are used for animated GIFs, the loading time of the pages increases. Sometimes GIFs are used to draw attention of your online visitors to particular section of a web page. In such cases keep the image as small as possible.
- Proper Use of Tables: Use of NESTED tables on web pages slows down their loading time. During page loading, a browser has to read the code used for NESTED tables on a web page which takes up comparatively more time than sites where this type of table has not been used. Thus use of this kind of tables should be limited as much as possible.
- Use of Proper Page Size: It is advisable to keep the page size of a site under 30kb. Page sizes above 30kb take longer time to load. Especially this problem is faced by those who do not use a broadband net connection. The loading time of a page depends on the use of images, texts, video and audio files.
Amidst wild speculations, Google has finally made it clear that it will no longer restrict it from showing censored results in Mainland China. Google.Cn is not available in mainland China as reported by Google itself and it is being redirected to Google.Com.Hk, where Chinese people would be able to get uncensored version of some soâ€“called controversial search results. This decision is the ultimate outcome of a series of developments that have already trigged violent clashes between worldâ€™s most powerful search engine and Socialist nation. However, the tussle seems finally ends with the quit of Google from Mainland China. Though Google has not made it clear whether it is shifting from China altogether or not, but it is crystal clear that it is not willing to be bogged down under any pressure, no matter how powerful it may be. Continue reading ‘Google China Calls It A Day’ »
If you have basic knowledge of HTML, then it would be easier for you to publish content online. You will be also able to embed images, videos and audio files in content of your website pages.
You will be able to make some minor or moderate changes to your website with a basic knowledge of HTML. You can take up basic course on HTML as it is not very difficult to learn. You can easily learn HTML basics with help of the different online tutorials. With help of the online resources and guide you will be able to learn the basic skills required for website design. Continue reading ‘Make Website Designing Easy with Basic Knowledge of HTML’ »