The elements and structure of a logo design needs to be decided carefully. Don’t forget that you will use your it in print advertisement, brochure design, billboards and websites for marketing purpose. Unfortunately, most designers think about print media promotions and forget to make the logo web friendly.
Web is a completely different medium and if your logo is not web friendly, then it’s hard to attract global audience. Some companies only have online presence (Amazon, Flipkart etc.) and they must promote their brand logo on the homepage to make people familiar with their business.
If you are going to design a logo for your website, then here are some exclusive web friendly logo design secrets for you.
1. Complementing Colors- Before you start designing, check your website’s color scheme minutely. The color combination of your logo must complement your website layout. For instance, if the website background is designed using light colors, then you should use dark colors in the logo to make it visible. However, don’t use garish color combination as it will hamper web layout’s aesthetic beauty.
2. Consistency of Placement- A website can contain dozens of web pages and you must place the logo at the same area in every page. Generally, it is placed in the header area of a website. Hence, you should place it in header area of all sub pages. Connect the logo with your homepage and give your website users a one click access to the homepage.
3. Describe Your Product/Services- Web logo should convey the brand message of your company to the target consumers. Think of a design that is ideal for your business. Your customers should be able to identify your products/services seeing it on your homepage. For instance, Groupon sells discount coupons. Their logo bears a vocal similarity to the word “coupon” and is also shaped like a discount coupon.
4. Keep a Unique Layout- Hundreds of companies are offering the same products and services online. In this highly competitive market, presentation matters the most. Therefore, you must think of a unique way to present it on the website to grab users’ attention.
5. Plan for Future- You may change your website layout several times in future, but logo should not be changed frequently. It is the most important element of your brand identity design. Hence, create a logo that is compatible with any type of website design. For instance, if you change the layout color from dark to light, then its visibility should not be affected.
Designing a web friendly logo is a very challenging task. However, following the aforementioned guidelines, you will be able to create a web friendly brand identity symbol.