If you are a creative professional, having a blog is very important for you. In this post, I will discuss how you can make your it more engaging with the right kind of blog customization.
- Quality content is truly the king when it comes to creating an interesting blog for visitors who are creative professionals themselves. If you cannot provide helpful information, it is likely that visitors will lose interest in your blog and move ahead to some other site. This is why, it is of utmost importance that you stay updated about the latest happenings in your industry and update your readers regularly.
Do not copy information from other blogs as this would lead to negative impact. However, you can read other blogs and accumulate information and then write a post. If you have to use another source, make sure you put the lines in quotes and provide the URL of that site. This would help readers understand that you are honest, which is important for loyal readership.
- Provide good images. If you are in the field of graphic design, you cannot afford to put up low-quality images. Even if you are using stock images, take care to see that their quality is good. But I would suggest you upload your own creation. This would leave a positive impression on the visitors.
- The categories in your site have to be relevant to what you do. Do not think that putting up lots of categories will attract several readers. Have only the categories that clearly define your area of expertise.
- Customize the icons such as RSS, Share, etc. Unleash your creativity and offer something your visitors may not have seen before. This would automatically impress users who land on your post.
- Solicit user participation. Provide an email newsletter that your readers can subscribe to. Request guest posts and if someone voluntarily wants to post a good guest article for you, let them.
- There must be an ‘about’ page describing yourself and your work. Needless to say, you should emphasize more on the work part. But do not make it too elaborate.
- Put up a ‘search’ field. This is very important. Put it on the top right corner so that people can easily look for something they want to read about.
- Place the ads in strategic places where they would be easily seen but will not distract readers.
- Finally, there has to be a contact page where people can get in touch with you. You never know why some visitor may want to contact you – it could be a new project, some advice or anything else. Make the contact form as simple as possible.
These are some things that can increase the readership of your blog. No matter whether you have been thinking of blog customization or not, I would say this is the time to do it, if you haven’t done it yet.
Best of luck! Don’t forget to share your thoughts!!