Social media activities of a company improve the ranking of its business website on search engine result pages. Companies spend thousands of dollars to create Facebook fan pages, Twitter, Google+ profiles to interact with their customers and provide Google another place to find their name. Pinterest is one of the youngest and highly popular social media network, but only a few people know how it can be used for search engine optimization purpose.
Here are a few things you can do to make Pinterest your partner for SEO.
1. When you try to open an account, it gives you an opportunity to connect the profile with Facebook and Twitter. You should link Pinterest to Facebook and Twitter to get the maximum benefit. Once connected, all your pins will appear on Facebook timeline and you will be able to promote them in Twitter as well.
2. Add a “Pin It” button to your website to allow users share your content easily. There is no need to install any plug-in to get this feature. Just login and go to About>Pin It button and you will find the “Pin It Button for Websites” code. Copy paste the code in your site and the button will appear.
3. Whenever you share an image, add a link back to your website. This strategy will help you attract quality traffic from Pinterest to your website.
4. It gives you an opportunity to write a 500 character description for images. Write a keyword rich brief description for every single image you share to help Google find your profile faster.
5. While creating boards, choose keyword rich and topic specific names. For instance, “Places to visit in Cairo” is better than “Egypt Images”.
After joining Pinterest, start following some people and companies. Share interesting and genuine images to increase your followers. Make sure that both users and search engines love your corporate profile.