Content needs to be SEO-friendly. At the same time, it needs to adhere to a certain word limit. For the designing team, here’s how to maintain both:
- Use tabs to keep the page ‘tight’ and make information easily available to visitors. You can actually hide chunks of content using tabs. Visitors will read the entire content, in various tabs and here will be no room for boredom.
- SEO content should be ‘below the fold’. Keep in mind that a site’s traffic flow increases when visitors see attractive design, not when they find a chunk of text. There’s also a possibility of a conflict between SEO and content team here because according to SEO strategies, ‘above the fold’ is the place where optimized content should appear.
- The pages where SEO is not that important, such as the ‘about’ page, should be adorned with appealing designs. So, if you are a designer, let your creativity loose on these pages.
Be clear when it comes to site navigation. Keep your website navigation buttons as clear as possible. You do not want to mislead your visitors. This does not mean you have to curb your creative desire. You can design the labels as you wish, but in order to offer a better user-experience, you need to position the text and the labels as clearly as you can.
Home Page Header Design
Animations and rotating images in the header are an effective way to present the good things about your company along with your value proposition. While content must be informative, the header must connect with the visitors emotionally in order to be effective. There are several ways to establish a connection between a website and its visitors. Try telling a story with the website design, logo design and content writing rather than talking about the products/services that your company offers.
Needless to say, call-to-action is what takes visitors to the next level after they have browsed a website fully. Call-to-action can be simple as well as elaborated. But similar to the landing page, the call-to-action text should be simple, short and most importantly, clear. It also needs to be relevant to where it leads the visitors. Interesting content alone can’t help. You need attractive design in the call-to-action and the design should be done is such a way that it can be read with ease.
There are a few more things to be taken care of regarding the call-to-action. These things can arouse conflict between content writing and web design again. Below you will find how to resolve the conflict.
- Communicate with all the team members of content and design team clearly.
- Communicate with the client clearly.
- Choose a project manager who has excellent communication skills.
- Do not deviate from the purpose of the design.
Now, let me tell you that there are writers who cannot shorten information and designers who cannot but create elaborate designs. Trust me, they are quite common and both of them do not contribute anything to a site’s effectiveness.
These conflicting tendencies of content writing services and web design make the actual work very challenging. A good way to sort things out here is to have a discussion as a whole team. Another, quite effective way, though not followed very frequently, is to request feedback from clients. Just show your web page to people and take their opinions. This will give you an idea as to how successful your website is going to be.
Bear in mind that everyone is subjective about their own creations because there’s an emotional bond between a creator and his creation that overshadows any flaws that might be in the creation.