Website designing is not always about 100% creativity but also need to have an eye for commercial objective. Designers cannot indulge in unbound flow of imagination; they should also focus on the fact that a website reaches out to its targeted audiences effectively and easily. Grid based website design is a promising solution that makes a website easily readable and navigational to its visitors.
Considered as a simple yet highly effective principle of website designing, more and more designers of today use this framework to allow visitors have access to maximum information with a blend of creativity. Scroll below and know about the five best grid based website design practices that will help make your website stand out amidst the crowd:
- Use limited number of element: The first thing to remember in building grid based website design is to use only a few elements. Make sure that the website do not look stuffed up but also has the needed space to breath.
- Size of grid should not be constant: Using same sized grids throughout the design makes the website look monotonous and dull. Don your creative cap and try to add some innovative flavor to it by using grids of various shapes and sizes.
- Creative arrangement of grids: Instead of using the traditional grid based designs, make your website design look different by expanding the grids horizontally or vertically to form different shapes such as square, rectangles etc.
- Proper spacing of grids: The main objective of grid based website design is to allow visitors with more scope of readability and navigation. Hence it is important that there is equal and balanced spacing between the grid sections.
- Bigger the better: It is found that instead of many broken grids, a single square or rectangle works better for a grid based website design. Big shapes help attract the attention of visitors more easily and effortlessly, thus making the website stand out easily.